These working USB speakers have a Sony CCD DVR camera hidden inside it. The camera uses a high definition low light Sony CCD picture chip with 480TVL and minimum illumination of 0.1 lux making it ideal for darkened rooms.
It can be set to record at a certain time every day or manually continuous or on motion detection. It can record 64 hours of continuous VGA video onto a 32GB SD card.
- HD Camera: 480TVL Sony CCD
- Minimum illumination: 0.1 lux
- Video resolution: VGA 640 x 480
- Video compression : AVI MPEG4
- Memory: SD card (max 32GB) - not included
- Frame rate: 30 frames / second
- Voice recording: Yes
- Recording mode :continuous, scheduled or motion detect
- Motion Detection: Programmable (screen split into 192 squares)
- Playback video on PC or TV
- AV out
- Dimensions 110mm x 110mm x 110mm
- Weight 750g
The motion detection is programmable to allow only the areas of the screen that you choose to trigger a recording. This means that recording can be set to record if a door is opened but not if a patient is moving in bed etc.
The DVR also comes with a remote control for ease of use.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
This covert CCTV is excellent Review by Darren Wadland
This covert CCTV is excellent. It gives high resolution images with sound, the motion detection is accurate and the recordings run for as long as there's something to record (unlike other cameras I've tried which only recording in 15 second bursts). The videos are saved in .ASF format so you'll need something like VLC Media Player to view them. I bought it with a 32gb memory card which was more than ample space for the recordings.
My purchase of this camera helped resolve an issue with office thefts - police were very impressed with the footage. (Posted on 24/06/2011)